Thursday, 6 March 2014

Kwongsi Food Court @ Taman Mayang, Petaling Jaya

I was in Taman Mayang at 7 am today for a meeting and when I was looking around for a place to have breakfast, I sighted this stall that was at the Ground Floor of Kwongsi Food Court. Typically this food court only serves lunch onwards but I never knew that there was another stall on the Ground Floor that caters specifically for breakfast. Kwongsi Food Court is located opposite the Kelana Jaya LRT Station and along the same row as Fatty Crab. 

Kwongsi Food Court in Taman Mayang, Petaling Jaya

The Stall on the Ground Floor
Owned by an elderly Chinese couple, this stall is very modest in appearance. Drinks are prepared on the inside by the husband and the aunty has the food displayed on another counter at the entrance. 

The Food Counter

The Wife Manning The Food Section

Simple but good food

Variety of Noodles
They serve some basic Dim Sum and Pau's which I believe is one of those factory made ones along with a variety of Fried Noodles, Fried Rice, Chee Cheong Fun and Yong Tau Fu. I decided to go for Chee Cheong Fun and you just have to select the items at the counter and it would be served when ready. The drinks order is taken by the husband at your table.

Tea @ RM 1.50

Coffee @ RM 1.50
Both Coffee and Tea is priced at RM 1.50 which I believe is quite expensive for the size. Well, I guess being in a prime zone, that's the price that you have to pay. Their Coffee was good and I would rate it at 8.9/10 . Their Tea was not as good as the Coffee but still quite decent. I would rate their Tea at 8/10 .

My Breakfast....Chee Cheong Fun @ RM 6.40

My Breakfast....Chee Cheong Fun @ RM 6.40

My Breakfast....Chee Cheong Fun @ RM 6.40

My Breakfast....Chee Cheong Fun @ RM 6.40
I took two slices of the Chee Cheong Fun but had a number of extra items added to the dish. Their Chee Cheong Fun was good but the price of RM 6.40 for a plate of breakfast was definitely on the high side. Well, I guess we would not complain paying RM 10.00 for breakfast at Mc Donalds but here in a stall, we yell and shout. He he. Typical human nature and yet still, I would say that this was expensive. Taste wise, I would rate this at 8.2/10 .

From my observation, there weren't that many people having the Chee Cheong Fun here as most of them were going for the noodles which I believe was priced at RM 2.00 per plate which is a much cheaper option for a decent breakfast. Seems that the couple knows most of them personally, I assume that they must be loyal customers of this stall who come here for a quick breakfast before heading to office. In summary, this is a decent stall selling decent food, though at slightly premium prices. Nevertheless, a good place for a simple Chinese breakfast.

Address: 41, Jalan SS 25/2, Taman Mayang, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 1030 Daily

Telephone: +603 7805 1572 

No comments:

Post a Comment