Monday 21 September 2015

Restoran T.K Muhammed @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Restoran T.K Muhammed is located in Taman Wangsa Setia, Tanjung Malim which was where the old Billion Supermarket was located. With the closure of Billion Supermarket, the parking problem that was prevalent in the area had been resolved and the place is now a convenient location to run food business as customers have the ease of parking. I believe that this may be a branch of a restaurant in Kalumpang as there is a restaurant in Kalumpang that goes by the very same name. Nevertheless, this is not a verified fact, just a hunch. Coming back to today, having tried almost all the restaurants in town, I was thinking hard where to go to and this restaurant came to my mind. I have tried their Mee Goreng in the past but never their rice and curries. Being in the mood for some Indian food, I decided to pay them a visit.

The Restaurant In Taman Wangsa Setia

Teh O Ice @ RM 1.30
It was just a simple restaurant and as expected, parking was easy and I got a bay right at the entrance. Set up was nothing much, in fact nowhere near the larger Indian Muslim restaurants in town. Good that they have kept their costs low and this can be reflected back on the prices of food and drinks. There were quite a number of customers when I arrived. Though we have some large Indian Muslim restaurants, these people seem to have their own loyal following too and many of them were seen having rice and curries. That's a good sign that the food here must be good if not decent. The staffs were very efficient and never stopped following me till he got the orders. I ordered the above Teh O Ice and this was priced at RM 1.30 per glass. Good and cheap and the going rate for this is RM 1.50 elsewhere. As you can see, it was quite a well fixed drink and I would rate this at 8/10 . Having gotten my drink, I walked over to their curries station to see what was left at this hour of the day.

My Dinner @ RM 6.00

My Dinner @ RM 6.00
Being already late, there wasn't much around but it was sufficiently good for me. I then had some Rice, Fish Gravy, Bean Sprouts Perattal, Egg Sambal and Mutton Perattal and this was priced at RM 6.00 . Reasonable I feel!

Fish Kulambu (Gravy)
Their Fish Kulambu was quite average tasting. Not a good one as expected from an Indian Muslim restaurant as they generally make good Fish Kulambu. It was decently thick, yes, but the spices were just not sufficient. As for me, I would rate this at 5/10 . Just passable actually.

Bean Sprouts
Their Bean Sprouts Perattal were better than the Fish Gravy but once again wasn't anything great. Just above average stuff and it seemed a little overcooked to me too.  I would rate this at 5.5/10 .

Egg Sambal
Their Egg Sambal was tasty, in fact quite tasty. The best that I have tried so far in this restaurant. Spicy and delicious! Lucky that I choose this instead of another vegetable. Very happy with the taste and I would rate this at 8.5/10 .

Mutton Perattal
This Mutton and Bone Marrow Perattal was heavenly! Seriously, the best Mutton that I have tried in an Indian Muslim restaurant in Tanjung Malim. And it was even better than the majority of Indian restaurants that I have tried in Kuala Lumpur too. The gravy was thick and spicy and the meat cuts were so juicy and good. Amazing.... simply amazing! A must try dish here. I would rate this at 9.8/10 .
Overall, the prices here were very reasonable. Their service was good too. To summarise the dishes that I tried this evening, their Fish Gravy was off, Taugeh was so so, Egg Sambal was good and their Mutton Perattal was excellent! I am definitely returning for their Mutton and Egg Sambal! Loved them. The rest of the dishes, try at your own risk. 

Address: No. 40, Jalan Setia Utama, Taman Wangsa Setia, 
                35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0730 - 2100 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment