Friday 4 September 2015

Satay Warisan @ Damansara Perdana, Petaling Jaya

Sometime in January this year, a Satay outlet called Premium Satay opened up in Damansara Perdana but sadly, business didn't go as expected and in July, they were forced to close down. Then in August, another Satay chain called Satay Warisan, took over the business. This outlet is located along Jalan PJU 8/5G, right opposite the famous Nasi Kandar in Damansara Perdana. Being in the vicinity this afternoon, I dropped by for lunch. I believe that Satay Warisan has a number of outlets in the Klang Valley and this is just another branch. 

Permanent Signage is Still Not Up Yet

Nasi Lemak Is Famous Here

Beautiful Decoration
They are very lucky to have taken over this premise as the previous operators have spent huge dollars on renovation and the place definitely has a premium look to it. Not the everyday Satay place, prices are a slight premium but the place is cosy and comfortable for even business discussions. The only setback here is parking. As always, it's such a challenge to find a vacant bay here and even this afternoon, I had to go around in circles before being able to find a place to park. Fortunately, after multiple circling, I found a bay right in front of the restaurant. The place was very quiet, probably because it's one that had just opened and not many know of their existence. The staffs were very well trained and seem well trained to handle high profile customers. Good it is as the clientele around this area is such. At a glance I understood that their signature dishes were their Nasi Lemak and Satay. They had an entire counter serving sides to go with Nasi Lemak but I insisted on seeing their menu first before deciding on what to have and the waiter happily obliged. 

Their Menu

Menu

Menu

Contact Details
It seems that they were still using the older operator's menu. I understood that the offerings were the same but the waiter also advised me on the pricing. Many of the dishes and drinks price had been reduced to make them more attractive. The previous operator definitely had priced them upscale. No wonder they didn't do too well and glad that these guys got that message and amended accordingly. After having gone through their menu, I ordered my dishes with the waiter. 

Teh Tarik @ RM 1.50
It took them approximately 10 minutes to send my drink over. Wonder why it took that long. Perhaps they were a little understaffed at the moment. That's quite likely as I only saw two guys manning the entire restaurant. One of them had to be multitasking including fixing the drinks and preparing the dishes. Coming back to their Teh Tarik, this was priced at RM 1.50 and I felt that it was quite reasonable for the locality and the environment. Won't be just to compare these guys with a day to day Indian Muslim restaurant. The previous operator would have charged RM 2.80 for this at that would be premium, not this pricing. Their Tea was nice, could have been better if it was slightly less sweet but once again that's just my personal preference. I would rate this at 8/10 . Good one!

Nasi Lemak @ RM 1.50 each

Super Good

Spicy Too
When it comes to Nasi Lemak, one could choose between their Nasi Lemak Bungkus or to have their Nasi Lemak on plates with some side dishes. Since I was trying multiple dishes, I decided to just go for the previous. This was priced at RM 1.50 per packet. Previously, this would have been RM 2.00 each. The Nasi Lemak was hot and delicious. Comes with some peanuts, quarter of a hard boiled egg and some super spicy Sambal. The rice was very delicious, prepared with lots of coconut milk and it was so aromatic. I would rate their rice at 9.5/10 . The Sambal was another treat. It had been very long since I had some spicy Nasi Lemak like this and I was truly delighted. Very spicy a it was so good. Savoury indeed! I would rate this at 9.5/10. Highly recommended!

Mutton & Chicken Satay

Lean Chunks
It took them a while to prepare this, close to 25 minutes. I believe that all Satay is grilled upon ordering and that obviously takes some time. I was okay with the time taken as I had time at my perusal. These were priced at RM 1.40 each for their Mutton Satay and RM 1.00 each for their Chicken Satay. Slight premium but I wouldn't mind if it's tasty. I loved their presentation too as they had beautifully arranged all the items on the platter.

Chicken Satay @ RM 1.00 each
Their Chicken Satay came with lean, thick chunks of meat that were wonderfully marinated with some sweet and spicy sauces. They were still tender and juicy and I loved it more as it came literally fat free. A good preparation and definitely one of the better ones in town. I would rate these at 9/10 . Recommended!

Mutton Satay @ RM 1.40 each
Their Mutton Satay too was very good. Lean meat cuts were grilled with some excellent marination and they were so good on their own. Slightly stiff as that is how mutton is but it was very tasty. I would rate this at 8.8/10 . Recommended!

Generous With Cucumber and Onions
Although I had just ordered a few skewers of Satay, they were very generous with their Cucumber and Onion cuts. I must applaud them for this. Moreover, they were very fresh. Appreciate their sense of customer satisfaction.

Peanut Sauce

Peanut Sauce
Their Peanut Sauce however wasn't too great. It was oily and watery and tasted somewhat bland. I didn't enjoy this at all and decided to have the Satay without this. This I would rate at 4/10 . One that they definitely need to improve on.

The Bill
In summary, this place does serve some excellent Nasi Lemak and Satay. Loved all the dishes that I tried this afternoon except for the Peanut Sauce that wasn't quite to my liking. Service was excellent, the ambiance good and prices were reasonable for the locality. Definitely a place that I would recommend!

Address: No. 6-1, Jalan PJU 8/5G, Damansara Perdana, 
                47820 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0800 - 0200 Daily

Telephone: +6012 680 2252 & +6017 2954 553  

No comments:

Post a Comment