Wednesday 26 April 2017

Kim Loong Vegetarian Restaurant @ Kajang, Selangor

Besides Indian restaurants in Cyberjaya, I have also been exploring the Chinese vegetarian restaurant scene in Kajang and till date, have blogged about Vege Good Restaurant which I found to be truly good. Tonight, we visited another one called Kim Loong Vegetarian Restaurant and here's my review.

Kim Loong Vegetarian Restaurant Located Along Jalan Bukit Mewah 67

Opening Hours

Simple Air-Conditioned Restaurant
This restaurant is located in a remote area in Taman Bukit Mewah. If not for Waze, I would have not been able to locate this restaurant. Google Maps too does very accurate navigation and those who do not use Waze, could surely use the latter. Just like Vege Good, this restaurant too seems to have a fairly good customer base. Despite it being a weekday, the place was crowded.









Their menu was impressive in terms of variety and their prices seemed cheaper than Vege Good. The only problem we faced was the fact that their menu was quite cluttered and disorganised as it wasn't in a book form but loose sheets of laminated paper. Since they were running full house, it was unfair to expect good service as well as they were all so busy running around. 

Mock Mutton In Curry @ RM 9.00
For the price, the portions were good and this affirms my earlier conclusion that these guys are cheaper. However, I found the curry to lack flavours. The curry was thick, yes. The mock mutton was good as well and one of an acceptable quality. Still, the overall dish lacked something that I just could not figure out. For me, I would rate this 7/10. 

Fried Vegetarian Meat with Potaoes @ RM 11.00
Being a fan of potatoes, I enjoyed this dish very much. The broth was tasty and the potatoes were just perfect, slightly over boiled, just the way it should be. Yes, this was surely a dish that we enjoyed and I would give this 8/10. 

Vegetarian Mock Duck @ RM 11.00
This was another dish that was above average. The texture of the mock duck wasn't as expected and the base sauce could have been better. Overall, a bland dish. I would rate this at 6/10. 

Nyonya Style Mock Fish @ RM 20.00
Another one that failed to impress us. The mock fish did not have the desired flavours and the base sauce was plain spicy and totally lacked sourness. That blend of unfavourable flavours were not appealing to the taste buds. Taste wise, I would rate this at 6/10. 

Only their Fried Vegetarian Meat with Potatoes were close to our expectations. The rest of the dishes needs lots of improvement. Price wise, they are definitely very cheap but they surely need to work on their flavours. I doubt I would return despite them being cheaper than their competitors. As for now, I shall gladly stick to Vege Good Restaurant.I still would not crown any one of them as the best in Kajang as I still have got two more places to visit. Hopefully, would be able to visit them and post my reviews soon.

Address: No. 11, Jalan Bukit Mewah 67, Taman Bukit Mewah, 43000 Kajang, Selangor.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 1500 & 1730 - 2130 Daily

Telephone: +603 8738 9228

No comments:

Post a Comment