Tuesday 25 June 2013

Aero Cafe @ Subang SkyPark Terminal, Selangor

Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport in Subang is a recently renovated airport that houses three different carriers at the moment, Firefly, Berjaya Air and Malindo Air. Also known as SkyPark Terminal, this was once the main airport into Malaysia prior to Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang, Selangor. I had to head to Kerteh in Terengganu for business and the only carrier that flies there is Firefly. Kerteh is a small town that is mainly built around the Petroleum business and there is a small airport there built by Petronas which mainly caters for travelers from the Oil & Gas industry. Even the availability of flights is limited to four times a week due to the low number of passengers. Well, this entry is about a cafe that is located inside the Departure Terminal called Aero Cafe. In fact, it is the only eatery available there. Interestingly, this cafe forms the boundary between Internal and Domestic Departures.  

Aero Cafe at the Departure Lounge
This Cafe only sells snacks and drinks and you can not expect main dishes here. Just manned by one person, it caters for both International and Domestic travelers. As mentioned earlier, this cafe forms the boundary that separates both departure terminals. One end faces customers from Domestic and the other end faces customers from International. Interesting right, but a very practical thought. 

Domestic Departures
As I was in early, I had some time to kill. Having left home early that day, I had skipped my lunch. This is the first time I am flying from this terminal and I was not sure how long it would take and what the landscape would be like inside. Without a clue, here I am at the Departure Terminal and the only choice of food I have pastries and sandwiches. Of course, there were a number of restaurants outside before the gates but I had expected much more inside like other airports. The mistake was mine as I had failed to check at the information counter.

My Lunch For The Day
With that said, all I had for the day was two pieces of Potato Croissants and a cup of coffee. Now, to start with, the coffee was no big deal. It was the 3 in 1 Nescafe Sachet and I saw the waiter preparing it right before my eyes. This coffee had cost me RM 5.00 . Hmm expensive? I guess that's airport rate. Nothing much to critique the coffee as everyone knows the 3 in 1 is fairly good.  

Next the Croissants. They were just okay. The pastry was scantily filled and it tasted predominantly like eating a plain croissant with an occasional taste of potato. Pretty bad quality I would say. They were priced at RM 6.50 each and that I feel was just too expensive for the quality. To add to that disapointment,  they only served plastic fork and knife which all of us know that it breaks when tried to put in use. I would rate this pastry at a mere 3/10 . Not advisable. 

When travelling from this airport, it is advisable that you have your meal outside or at least at the SkyPark area and not at the Departure Lounge. Overall it was a very disappointing experience. 

Address: Departure Area, SkyPark Subang Terminal,
                Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, 
                47200 Subang, Selangor, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 7845 1717

Opening Hours: 0600 - 2200



No comments:

Post a Comment