Monday 24 June 2013

Sushi Zanmai @ Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur

Sushi Zanmai is a Japanese chain of restaurants that needs no further introduction. They have been well established over the years and today they have a total of seven outlets in the Klang Valley. This evening, I visited their outlet that is located in 1 Mont Kiara Mall. 

Sushi Zanmai in 1 Mont Kiara Mall
This restaurant is so popular that at any point in time you head here, there is a long queue ahead of you and you would have to wait a while to get a table. During peak hours, this can be as long as 25 to 30 minutes. With just an hours time for lunch, how long can you really wait unless you are so free in the office. That is one reason I always avoid this place during lunch hours and like today, prefer to come for dinner. As this mall predominantly caters for the office crowd and the local residents of Mont Kiara, the restaurants here are quite vacant during dinner time but still even today, it took me 10 minutes to get a table. 

Sushis Going Around In The Conveyor Belt

Interior of the Restaurant

The Menu
The restaurant itself is very spacious and goes all the way to the back. This restaurant is also famous for its Sushi that goes around on the conveyor belts. You can see their chefs consistently preparing the Sushis and placing them on the belt. There is a separate kitchen inside that is divided by a glass panel that prepares the other dishes that have been ordered. As I took my place, I was given the huge menu as you can see from the above photograph. I was alone tonight and there was not much that I could try so I kept the portions smaller to get to taste a greater variety of dishes. Having decided on the dishes, I finally called upon the waitress and placed my orders. 

Cold Green Tea @ RM 1.00
I ordered the above cold Ocha and at a price of RM 1.00, it is surely cheap as it is refillable. It tasted pretty good too. 

Tamago Maki Rolls @ RM 1.80
For a start I ordered the above Tamago Maki Rolls. It is Maki Rolls with Egg inside and is wrapped. For a platter of six of the above, the price of RM 1.80 is really cheap. The size was a little smaller than usual but it was worth it. I would rate these at 8.5/10 .

Salmon Sushi @ RM 3.80
Another good dish here. I must say that they had a great variety of Sushi. Some of the variety was really expensive and some were decent, must be the exotic ones that are charged a premium. I just wanted to try their Sushi here and found this to be slightly small but tasted nice. I would rate this at 8.7/10 .

Chawanmushi @ RM 4.80
The Chawanmushi was above average only. I have had much better ones elsewhere, or even in neighbouring Japanese restaurants. I would only rate this dish at 6/10 .

Saba Shioyaki @ RM 12.80
This is one of my favourite Japanese dishes and I find the preparation here to be quite decent. The price against the size of the fish was also acceptable. I would rate this dish at 8.5/10 .

Overall, this restaurant does serve some good Japanese food though I have not had the opportunity to try their Ramen or even the Bento boxes. Nevertheless based on the dishes that I tried tonight, I find them to be quite satisfying. The service is also very good and they are very organised in their manners. Definitely a restaurant that I would return again.

Address: L1-01, 1st Floor, 1 Mont Kiara, No. 1, Jalan Kiara, Mont Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2200

Telephone: +603 6201 8010

Website: www.supersushi.com.my


No comments:

Post a Comment