Sunday 16 June 2013

Okomen Japanese Restaurant @ Desa Sri Hartamas, Kuala Lumpur

Of late this seems to be one of my most frequented Japanese restaurants.I last visited this restaurant two weeks ago and this time I am visiting this restaurant with my father and brother and this is their very first time trying Japanese Food. As this is my third entry on this restaurant, I shall be keeping it quite simple and not writing much details on this restaurant. To read my previous entry, you could access it via this link : http://venoth.blogspot.com/2013/05/okomen-japanese-restaurant-desa-sri.html

Okomen Japanese Restaurant in Desa Sri Hartamas

The Menu

My Father Going Through The Menu

Interior of the restaurant
As usual, the service at this restaurant is always very good. We were immediately attended to by the waiter and we asked him for a few minutes before deciding on what to eat. I let my father and brother go through the menu to see what they may like to have but at the end of it, both of them were clueless and handed the baton back to me. Well, finally I had to place the orders trying as much as possible to keep it to very basic and not too complicated and raw Japanese dishes.

Hot Green Tea @ RM 1.80
This restaurant serves a number of beers and has a great collection of Sake for customers to choose. I simply decided to stick with Green Tea and this is priced at RM 1.80 and this comes with free top ups. My father too loves Green Tea and hence this is just perfect for now.

California Maki Rolls @ RM 8.80
To start off and to give them an entry feel to Japanese food, I went with the above California Maki Rolls.The rolls were definitely good and fresh. I would say that it was near perfection and worth the price as five of these rolls were in a dish and it was priced at RM 8.80 . I would rate this at 9.5/10 . Even my brother and father enjoyed this dish.

Gyoza @ RM 10.80
As the second dish, I got them to try the above Gyoza. They were served hot and the outer skin was just of the right thickness. It was not too soft to break easily when dipped and also not too hard where you only get to taste the thick outer skin and not the meat fillings. These were just perfect and the dip sauce too was very well done. I would rate this dish at 8.8/10 . Once again, they too were able to enjoy this dish. In fact, they liked this dish very much and later this evening, we ordered another set.

Endamame @ RM 5.80
Being one of my all time favourites, I tried to introduce this dish to my family  and they liked it too. It was like a non stop thing and after finishing the first bowl, we ordered a second. I would rate this at 9/10 . It was fun teaching them how to eat this. Reminds me of the first few lessons I received from my friend teaching me how to handle and enjoy Japanese food.

Sausage Teppanyaki @ RM 10.80
This is one of their signature dishes. I must confess that this dish was heavenly. Basically they were Chicken Sausages. It was really spicy as there were loads of pepper on the potato as well as the sausage. I am pretty sure that they had spread some amounts of butter on the sausage before grilling it and the meat was absolutely great. By far, this is the best dish that we have had here tonight and I am happy that my family have also been enjoying all the dishes this far. I would rate this dish at 10/10 .

Unagi @ RM 12.80
This dish was also well prepared here. For me it was okay but my father and brother did not enjoy it and found the taste to be very odd although they have had eel in the past. I would rate this at 8/10 but I do not think that they would try this dish again as it was not to their liking. 

Mochi & Cheese Okonomiyaki @ RM 18.80
Well what can I say about this dish. This restaurant is the best place in the Klang Valley to have Okonomiyaki and Yaki Soba and with that said, this dish was absolutely perfect. All of us thoroughly enjoyed this dish and jointly we rated this at 10/10 . If at all you would like to have good Okonomiyaki, please do try it at this restaurant and you'll be thoroughly impressed. 

Sapporo Beer @ RM 16.00 each
With the above dishes, we were quite full and decided to put a stop to the food. We then decided to try a round of Japanese beer. Initially I had asked for Asahi Beer but it was not available and the only beer they had in stock was Sapporo and Tiger. Having wanted to try something truly Japanese, we decided to go for Sapporo instead. Overall we enjoyed the meal today with the exception for the Unagi  as it was a little too odd for my father and brother. Otherwise, it was perfect and next time around I am thinking of introducing Sushi and more rolls to them. I am quite sure that I would return here again soon and when I do, would try to post other dishes and review them. 

Address: No. 7G, Wisma CKL, Jalan 22A/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas, 
                50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: Mon - Sat 1100 - 1500 & 1800 - 2300
                         Sun          1100 - 1500 & 1600 - 2100

Facebook: www.facebook.com/OkomenJapanese

Email: okomenfood@gmail.com

Telephone: +603 6205 9828 & +6012 9828 964

No comments:

Post a Comment