Wednesday 14 January 2015

Tg. Malim Char Kuey Teow @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

I hardly come by to this part of town but one of my friends have been mentioning to me about this Malay Style Char Kuey Teow that is quite famous and pretty good. As I was all alone tonight, decided to drive up and check the food out.

The Restaurant in Taman Wangsa Jaya

Decent Crowd On A Weeknight

The Most Famous Food Item Here

Other Available Dishes
This restaurant is located in Taman Wangsa Jaya, just a few doors away from Fernz Hotel. If you are driving on the state road which leads to Ipoh, keep going straight and just before the Indian Cemetery, you would be able to see a sign board directing a turn off which would lead you to this restaurant. The most famous dish here is their Char Kuey Teow and this is followed by their Asam Pedas and Nasi Lemak. Even though it was a weekday and despite the location being slightly remote, the place had a decent crowd when I was here.

Teh O Ice @ RM 1.50
All the waiters at this restaurant were very friendly and I was having a long chat with one of them as I was trying to figure out what to have. It was then that he explained that they have a variety of Char Kuey Teow dishes and that is one of their most famous ones. Having listened to him, I then ordered my drinks and meal. Within minutes, the drink was served. Their Teh O Ice was quite nice and I would rate it at 8/10 .

Char Kuey Teow Biasa @ RM 4.00

Char Kuey Teow Biasa @ RM 4.00

Char Kuey Teow Biasa @ RM 4.00

Sluurrppp!!!
They have CKT Biasa and CKT Special. Biasa is priced at RM 4.00 and Special is priced at RM 5.50 . Besides these, they also have CKT Udang Galah and Ketam which then goes by the weight of the shrimp or crabs. On average, it would generally cost somewhere around RM 30.00 per plate. Since I just wanted to taste this, I went for the CKT Biasa. The portion was decent, though a heavy eater like me would have to settle for more than one plate. The came with three small prawns. The CKT was cooked in a thick broth like thing which had a strong egg taste to it. Taste wise, I was seriously impressed with the dish. I did taste very good. I remember having tried the similar dish at Chef Wan's daughters restaurant and this was way better than that. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Nasi Lemak @ RM 3.50

Nasi Lemak @ RM 3.50

Creamy Coconut Milk Rice

I Love The Egg To Be Just Like This

Mildly Spicy Sambal
Having tried their Char Kuey Teow, I wanted to try their Nasi Lemak and this was the last available plate for this dish. Their Nasi Lemak sells quite fast too and usually by around 10 pm, they are sold out. The Nasi Lemak comes with fragrant coconut milk rice, runny eggs, fried peanuts and some mildly spicy sambal.  Their Nasi Lemak too taste quite good. Definitely one of the Nasi Lemak's that I would recommend. For me, this scores a rating of 9/10 .

On the whole, I was very impressed with this restaurant. Both the dishes that I tried tonight were excellent. Definitely planning on bringing my parents here sometime soon!

Address: No. 25, Jalan Wangsa Jaya, Taman Wangsa Jaya, 35900 Tanjung Malim,
                Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1800 - 0200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment