Friday 13 February 2015

Fatah Steak House @ Hulu Bernam, Selangor

Fatah Steak House is the new kid on the block of Western Restaurants here in Tanjung Malim. It has been just about four days that they have commenced their business and the moment I first saw their flyers when it was being distributed in Taman Anggerik Desa, I immediately made my mind that I should head here the very next day. Being a fan of Western food and a food blogger myself, I could not deny myself the privileged of being one of the first few to try the place out. 

Signage At The Restaurant

Fatah Steak House in Taman Bahtera

Interior Of The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant

The Food Preparation Area

Food Preparation Area

Ice'd Water
This restaurant is located in Taman Bahtera, Tanjung Malim. The restaurant is not visible from the main trunk road as it is located at the row of shops that is facing the field, which is directly behind 7 Eleven. I was here early one evening and just like any other restaurant that's newly opened, not many know of their existence and the place had just a customer or two. They occupy a corner unit and that gives them ample seating space. Grilling is also done outside and this is a cool practice as customers' would have a smoke free restaurant, especially when you think about how much smoke those sizzling hot plates would emanate. Besides that, it also gives an opportunity for customers to see how the food preparation is done. When I walked into the restaurant, there were three staffs, the chef who was handling the food preparation, one handling the mixing of the drinks and taking of orders and another was a kitchen helper. I had to wait a while as the waiter was mixing the drinks. Nevertheless, he acknowledged my attendance by smiling at me when I walked in and signaled for me to wait for a couple of minutes. I simply understood that they were shorthanded and just waited. Once he was done, which was a matter of minutes, he served me with a glass of cold water and then handed the menu over to me. Serving a glass of cold water was a wonderful gesture as it was a hot afternoon. I appreciate his presence of mind for this. I requested a few minutes for me to go through the menu and mentioned that I would signal him over when I was ready to order. It was then that I struck a light conversation with him and he mentioned that they were just four days old. Business was rather slow as not many people knew of their existence here. Currently, they open at around 5 pm and go on till 12 midnight. Once business picks up, they plan to operate from 3 pm till 3 am.

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

Address and Other Branches
Their menu was very comprehensive serving a range of entries from seafood to grills and steaks and their prices were very reasonable. Do note that there is an item called Special Chicken Chop and this is a snack item. It is the same Deep Fried Chicken Chop which is served at half a portion for those non heavy eaters or for those who are just looking for something light to munch. Their drinks too were very reasonably priced. From their menu, it was clear that this was their fourth outlet and they were serious when it comes to their business. I then signaled the waiter who then got my orders and went on to prepare the drinks.

Teh O Ice Limau @ RM 1.30

Ketchup

Cutlery
In a matter of minutes, the drink was served in a tall glass. The drink was perfectly fixed and I loved their aesthetics. Ice cubes were minimal, sufficient to keep the drink cold and not to dilute it. I would rate their drink at 8.7/10 . Along with the drink, the cutlery were sent over to the table. I loved the fact that they had sent over real steak knives instead of those flimsy ones. 

Sizzling Black Pepper Chicken Chop @ RM 10.90

The Grilled Chicken

A Huge Chunk of Meat

Coleslaw

Sweet Corn On The Cob

Fries
I ordered their Sizzling Black Pepper Chicken Chop and this was priced at RM 10.90 . It came with a huge chunk of Grilled Chicken, Fries, Coleslaw, Corn on the Cob and served in a thick and spicy Black Pepper Sauce. Their Chicken cut was huge and thick and I was impressed by this, definitely double the size of what you get at other restaurants for the same price. Reminds me of the huge meat cuts at Little Cottage in Penang Island. The Grilled Chicken was perfectly marinated and cooked just to the right level. The Coleslaw was decent, not that great. The Corn on the Cob was nice. The Fries were quite good and they were of the crinkle cut variety. The Black Pepper sauce however was simply fantastic. This boosted the Grilled Chicken's taste and together, they were a fantastic combination. Definitely a taste to remember. It has been a long time since I had a Grilled Chicken Chop that was this good. I would rate this at 9.3/10, definitely one that I would highly recommend!

King Chicken Chop @ RM 9.90

Deep Fried Chicken with Black Pepper Sauce

Fries & Corn on the Cob

Coleslaw
Having been impressed with the earlier dish, I ordered another one from their deep fried variety and this was the above King Chicken Chop which was priced at RM 9.90 . Just look at the size of the chicken, it was really huge and served with the same thick Black Pepper Sauce along with some Coleslaw, Fries and Corn on the Cob. This again was super good. The Chicken was coated with bread crumbs, deep fried to a golden brown perfection and topped with a lavish portion of delicious Black Pepper Sauce. The combination of the chicken and the Black Pepper Sauce was super good! The other items were very much the same as per the previous dish. I thoroughly loved this preparation as well and this again is very highly recommended! I would rate this too at 9.3/10 .

Overall, I am very much impressed with this restaurant. Their prices are very cheap when compared with their portions. The taste of both items tried were simply fantastic and their service levels too was up to an acceptable level. A highly recommended restaurant and a place that I would definitely return. Definitely one that is not to be compared with the big boys like Victoria Station etc. as this is something from a different league and level, nevertheless still an excellent one serving good dishes at very reasonable prices. Excellent and keep up the good work!

Address: No. 25, Jalan Bahtera 1B, Taman Bahtera, 35900 Hulu Bernam, Selangor , Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1500 - 0300 Daily

Telephone: +6019 377 9893 (Yazid)
                    +6012 254 9685 (Mad)

No comments:

Post a Comment