Thursday 12 February 2015

Woo Pin Fish Head Noodle House @ Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur

Fish Head Noodles are one of my favourites and I always hunt for the best places to  have this satisfying bowl of noodles. Till date, I have visited a number of places which have served some great noodles. I have heard of this place in Taman Danau Desa known as Woo Pin Fish Head Noodle House but have never been able to visit them till date. Coincidentally I was at The Intermark this afternoon and when I went to their International Food Court for lunch which is located on the Lower Ground Floor, I came across this stall here by the same name. I checked with the staffs and was delighted to know that it is another branch of the same restaurant. 

Logo Of The Restaurant

The Stall At The Food Court

Seating Spaces

This Is The Non Halal Section

More Seating Spaces
Intermark's Food Court is broken down into two sections, Halal and Non Halal stalls and this is located at the Non Halal section. It is at the far left corner of the food court, right beside the Japanese restaurant. I was here around 2 pm and fortunately the place was no longer crowded. 

The Menu

Bill

Buzzer
Their menu here was a brief one, most of the dishes were variations of the same noodles and broth, only the add in ingredient varied. Fish too was available in two versions, fried and steamed. I then ordered a bowl of Fried Fish Head Noodles priced at RM 9.90 and a cup of Herbal Tea priced at RM 3.00 . As it was a food court, I had to pay for the orders first and then they handed me the Herbal Tea which he took out from the refrigerator and also a buzzer that is linked to my order number. Once the dish is ready, the buzzer would indicate for me to collect my dish at the stall. Having collected these, I then went over to the seating area, not too far from the stall. 

Herbal Tea @ RM 3.00
Their Herbal Tea came in a sealed plastic cup. It was wonderfully prepared, a thick concoction and minimally sweetened, just the way I love it. I would rate this at 9.5/10 . A very refreshing cup of Herbal Tea this was. Recommended here!

Fish Head Noodles and Chili Sambal @ RM 9.90
Within 10 minutes, the buzzer buzzed indicating that my dish was ready for collection. It was a large bowl of noodles and this was served with some Sambal Chili. 

Fish Head Noodle

Thick Broth

Large Chunks Of Fish
The Fried Fish Head Noodle came in a very large bowl and it was served piping hot. It also came with large chunks of Fried Fish in a thick delicious broth. The portion was good for the price paid and it tasted pretty nice as well. I am not sure what fish they used but this has small bones and one had to cautiously eat them, just in case to avoid choking on those tiny bones. For me, this tasted good but it was nowhere as good as the best ones that I have tried in the past. I have for sure tasted much better ones in the Klang Valley. Nevertheless this was good but I would not agree on all the hype that is surrounding this restaurant as it was not up to that level. As far as I am concerned, I would rate this at 8.3/10 .

Chili Sambal
Their Chili Sambal was fiery and extremely spicy. This was excellent and went very well with the noodles. I would rate this at 9.8/10 . Do not miss having the noodles with this Chili Sambal as it helps to boost the taste. 

On the whole, I am glad that I finally got an opportunity to try this noodles but I was slightly disappointed as I was hoping for a much better taste, perhaps my expectations were too high. I don't think that I am to be blamed as I have tasted some good ones out there. After trying this, I don't think that this would be a dish worth driving all the way to Taman Desa just for the sake of this noodles. If I happen to be in the area, then I may drop by. Otherwise,it was a good lunch. 

Address: Lot LC-01-01, Lower Ground Floor, International Food Court, The Intermark,
                Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2000 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment