Tuesday 3 September 2013

Las Vacas Meat Shop @ Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur

Just a short walking distance from Menara 1 Mont Kiara is this cluster of restaurants in a building called Mont Kiara Shoplex which is home to a very famous butchery cum restaurant called Las Vacas Meat Shop. I was introduced to this place by a good friend of mine and for some months it had been on my to do list but it is only today that I got a chance to visit.

Las Vacas Meat Shop in Mont Kiara

Various Meat For Sale

Outdoor Seating Space

More Spaces on the Side
As you could see from the above photographs, this is typically a butchery which sells premium meat but they also provide cooking services. During my visit here, most of them were dine in customers with just a handful of them being walk ins to buy meat. They definitely have a great selection of beef , salmon and lamb. Since I do not eat beef, my choices were rather limited to lamb and salmon but that was fine as lamb is my favourite meat. Most of the seating spaces are outside but they are all covered and well ventilated. They do have a few tables inside the restaurant too but as it was rather late evening, I decided to sit outside as the weather was nice. I understand that this restaurant belongs to a Malay gentleman and therefore no liquor is served which could be a setback for some who may love a glass or two of wine to go with their steaks. 

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
The above are just some of the pages from their menu. After going through the menu, I decided on going for the Lamb Burger instead of Lamb Chops. Their Lamb patties comes in four sizes, 150 gm, 250 gm, 350 gm and 500 gm. Looking at the sizes of the raw patties which seemed humongous to me, it would be a sure waste if I go for the 500 gm patty. To me, the 150 gm patty seemed more than sufficient and I ordered just that. 

Bundaberg Root Beer @ RM 8.60
This is definitely one of my favourite brands and I just love their Root Beers and Ginger Beers. Without any hesitation or thinking, I grabbed one of these. Although I was the first to arrive here, the service seemed somewhat slow to me. It took them around 15 minutes to send me the drinks but it was fine with me as I was seated outside facing the street and had a lot to observe and kill time. 

150 gm Lamb Burger @ RM 21.00

Lovely....just look at the meat and cheese

Yummy

That's how thick a 150 gm Lamb Patty was
Though on the long plate the burger seems small, it was really huge. The burger is served with some fries and this in itself seemed like a huge meal to me. Slit half, the patty even after being cooked was still almost an inch thick. The burger was really delicious. The lamb was excellent and did not have any smell which takes a great amount of skill to achieve. I had to stop for a short break after having three quarters of the burger and continued shortly thereafter. The layers of cheese and vegetables in the burger blended perfectly. Although I would say that this is one of the best lamb burgers that I have had, still it is not the best. The best is still at icook Italian Gastronomia which I have blogged about before. Nevertheless, this is still excellent stuff. I would rate this burger at 9.5/10 .

Other Outlets
Besides this, they also have another two outlets in Jalan Yap Kwan Seng and Kelana Jaya. I would definitely return here again to try their Lamb Chops as that is another one of my favourite foods. Overall, this is a great place to have a good Western Meal with the family but only that it can burn a hole in your wallet. But being a foodie like me, I would not mind paying for a good meal, specially like this place. 

Address: Shop LG, New Wing, Floor LG, Mont Kiara Shoplex, Mont Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.

Telephone: +603 6205 2258 

Opening Hours: Mondays Closed
                            Tuesdays - Thursdays 1000 - 2230
                            Friday - Sunday 1000 - 2300




No comments:

Post a Comment