Tuesday 21 July 2015

Gerai Nasi Lemak Sebelah Kampung Jambatan @ Hulu Bernam, Selangor

Looking for some fantastic Nasi Lemak in Tanjung Malim? Then you have got to try this place which is located beside Kampung Jambatan on the Ulu Bernam side of town. I happened to drop by randomly and was swept away by the taste. They are open for lunch, dinner and supper, seven days a week. Assuming that you are coming from Tanjung Malim town, once you cross the bridge and then the old Cathay cinema (which shall be on your left), slow down immediately and look  on to your right side. This humble stall is located at the entrance of the Red Cross Society Association's office. There's no dedicated parking bays here and one would have to make do and just park along the side of the road.

The Stall At The Red Cross Society Association Office

Entrance To The Stall

Simple But Clean

They Have A TV Too

Love The Ambiance Here
It is just a very simple looking stall but the place is amazingly clean. I love the way they maintain this place. It is usually run by two young girls, Kelantanese I believe and they were very soft spoken and quick to attend to customers. The place is open on all sides and as such, it tends to be very breezy at nights. There is also a TV for customer's entertainment. As I walked in, I checked with one the girls as to what was available and that was when she advised me that they do Nasi Lemak all day long. The specialty here is their gravies. They would have a wide variety of side dishes to go along with the Nasi Lemak. As I was here late, sometime around 11 pm, they only had two items remaining and they were Rendang Chicken and Sambal Petai with shrimps. Both the items looked really good and I decided to go with their Rendang Chicken. 

Teh O @ RM 1.00

Teh O @ RM 1.00
Although there were quite a number of customers, they were very quick in serving their customers. My drink too arrived in less than 5 minutes from the time of order. I ordered the above Teh O and it was priced at RM 1.00 only. Very cheap indeed when the going rate in town is RM 1.30 . Now, this Teh O was simply amazing. It was very different to the rest that I have tasted. It was light, mildly sweet and had an amazing aroma and taste. Nowhere near the usual ones that we get. I believe that they may have used some Daun Pandan or Rose Essence to get it to taste like that. Simply amazing! As much as it may seem funny for me to say that I am hooked to this drink, I indeed am! I would rate this at 10/10 .  Never tasted anything like this in my life before.

Nasi Lemak @ RM 4.70

Nasi Lemak @ RM 4.70
Their basic Nasi Lemak set is priced at RM 2.70 and this comes with a huge portion of rice, fried Peanuts and Anchovies, sliced cucumbers and some spicy Sambal on the sides. For this, the price of RM 2.70 is good. 

Steamed Coconut Milk Rice
The rice was so creamy and tasty and it was cooked with more ginger giving it a strong 'gingery' aftertaste. Loved their rice as it didn't have the usual commercial taste to it. Very much like a 'Kampung" preparation. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Fried Peanuts, Anchovies and Sliced Cucumbers

Fried Peanuts, Anchovies and Sliced Cucumbers
All the ingredients used were super fresh. The Fried Peanuts were crunchy. The Anchovies were the larger variety and they were crunchy too. The sliced cucumbers too were fresh, crunchy and juicy. Loved them!

Sambal

Sambal
Their Sambal was quite unique. They had not used any Anchovies to prepare it and it was made solely out of ground chilies and sugar. It may seem simple but it was sweet and at the same time very spicy. A very slight amount was more than sufficient for a scoopful of rice. Tasty it was and I would rate this at 8.8/10 .

Rendang Chicken @ RM 2.00

Rendang Chicken @ RM 2.00
Their Rendang Chicken was quite a large chunk and this was priced at RM 2.00 each. Now, that is very very cheap. Anywhere else in town, I would have been charged RM 3.50 for this and assuming it was Kuala Lumpur, then it would have easily been RM 5.00 . RM 2.00 for this? I was totally shocked. If I had known this earlier, I would have had two of this. Taste wise, it was divine! Truly home cooked taste. There were loads of Santan (grated coconut) used and the gravy was thick and the aroma was just amazing. The chicken too was soft, succulent and juicy. WOW would be the right word to describe this. Loved it! This deserves a rating of nothing less than 10/10 . 

On the whole, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal here. Amazing food and the drink was no less either. This would be one place that I am going to be frequenting often. I love the food, drinks, the environment and ambiance. The people are amazing too. Most important of all, it very much wallet friendly!

Address: Beside Kampung Jambatan, Jalan Besar Ulu Bernam,
                35900 Hulu Bernam, Selangor , Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 1400 & 1700 - 0100 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment