Monday 13 July 2015

Restoran Nasi Kandar JMT Maju @ Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur

Brickfields is an area where one would never run out of new Indian restaurants to try. Till date, I have visited more than 30 restaurants and I have not even covered about half on the eateries there. Having tried the famous Sithique Nasi Kandar before, I decided to try another restaurant that is located along the very same row of shops. This one however, is closer to NU Sentral Mall, right beside the Monorail Station and is called Restoran Nasi Kandar JMT Maju. I believe that there are two other branches across the Klang Valley, one in Cyberjaya and the other in Solaris Dutamas. This must be their first outlet as it has been around for many years now.

The Restaurant Visible From NU Sentral

Beside The Monorail Station

Entrance To The Restaurant

Air Conditioned Dining Halls

Clean Too
It is not difficult to locate this restaurant. If you are coming from the Monorail Station that is located along Jalan Tun Sambanthan, then this restaurant is just two doors away, right beside Mackt Comfort Inn. It is the fasting month and there was not much of a crowd at the restaurant this afternoon. Nevertheless, there were many tourists sighted in the restaurant who were having their very first taste of Indian curries. That was very evident as the waiters were spending a lot of time explaining the dishes and the tourists were repeatedly asking if each of those curries would be spicy. As far as the Nasi Kandar variety was concerned, they did not have their usual variety this afternoon. That's understandable as the usual crowd would not be there. Even then, the spread was sufficiently good. Despite being just a simple restaurant, it was fully air conditioned. That was a great relief as it is really hot these days. I then walked up to their curries' station, checked out the dishes, selected my preferences and returned to my table.

Ais Kosong @ RM 0.30

A Chit Is Presented Upon Ordering
The restaurant had digitised it's order management system right up to the Point Of Sales System. Every time someone orders a dish or assuming in this case food were selected from the curries counter, the waiter then enters those information into a handheld module that is linked to the table number. Then, when one order's their drinks at their table, the person handling the drinks order does the very same and the information is posted to the cashier in real time. All I would have to do is to present the cashier the above chit upon making my payment and my entire meal would be itemised there along with the amount that I would need to pay. That's classy! Now coming back to the drink, I ordered a glass of Iced Water and this was priced at RM 0.30 only. Generally in Brickfields, the common rate for this shall be RM 0.50 . When compared with the rest, it was definitely cheaper.

My Lunch @ RM 9.50
I took some rice, Fish Curry, Ayam Kicap, Mutton Perattal and some Rasam and this was priced at RM 9.50 . Not cheap but a reasonable price bearing in mind that I took Chicken and Mutton.

Fish Curry

Fish Curry
I must agree that their Fish Curry was very good. Rich with spices and tamarind, it was very tasty. The Okra too was fresh and crunchy. The gravy did not have the fishy stench that would sometimes be noticed in certain Indian restaurants. For me, I loved it and would rate this at 9/10 .

Mutton Perattal

Mutton Perattal
Although they labelled this as Mutton Perattal, I would say that it was more like those Mutton Chops in gravy that is commonly found in most Indian Muslim restaurants. For me, this was not so great. The cuts were just too big and the meat wasn't as tender as it should have been. Spices too were tremendously lacking and overall, it tasted quite rubbery. I would only rate this at 5/10 . A disappointment indeed!

Ayam Kicap

Ayam Kicap
Oh my....this was heavenly! It was as good as the one that we get at the famous Yasseen Nasi Kandar. Just look at that greasy Soy Sauce coating around the chicken cuts. One that was done perfectly and the chicken had absorbed the taste of the soy sauce. Creamy, sweet, mildly salty and spicy....a true delight it was. I would rate this at 9.8/10 .

Rasam

Rasam
They had prepared Milagu Rasam today and I was impressed with the preparation. Not one that was mind blowing but good. Usually we don't really get good Rasam's in Indian Muslim establishments but this was good. I would rate this at 8/10 .

Bill For The Day
Overall, I was happy with the food here. The Fish Curry, Ayam Kicap and Rasam was very good. The only let down today was the so called Mutton Perattal. The service was also very efficient and none of their waiters kept any customers waiting. Prices too seemed very reasonable. Would I return? Yes, I would definitely return and this time, would be to try their Briyani. That too looked amazingly good. Hope to be able to blog about their Briyani soon.

Address: No. 104, Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Brickfields, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2230 Daily

Telephone: +603 2274 4786 

No comments:

Post a Comment