Sunday 29 March 2015

Fatah Steak House @ Hulu Bernam, Selangor

This is my second visit to Fatah Steak House which is located in Taman Bahtera, Tanjung Malim. I first visited them when they were just four days old, and that was about a month back. I still remember being the sole customer there that evening. The place then had just one Chef, and two assistant's assisting him with the orders. Out of that two, one was also assigned to fixing the drinks. This evening however, I was impressed to see that the place was almost full house, mostly student's from the nearby University and they had around four Chefs and at least six waiters. That is definitely some serious progress. 

The Restaurant In Taman Bahtera

Parking Space Just Outside The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant
This place is situated along the row of shops that is located behind the 7 Eleven in Taman Bahtera. It may seem quite dark from the main trunk road but once you take the turn in, the restaurant is brightly lit up and is hard to miss. My last visit here was good and I left with a very good impression of the place. The portions were really huge and the grills were good and that is why I returned this evening, tagging my Dad along as well. 

Somewhat A Candle Light Concept

Complimentary Iced Water

My Dad Going Through The Menu
Even though they were all busy, they were very quick to attend to us. Just as the last time, even before the menu was handed over to us, they poured us two glasses of Iced Water and that was a very nice gesture that they are still maintaining. We asked for a couple of minutes as my Dad wanted to go through to see what he would like to order and the waitress obliged. The lighting were all pinkish in colour and that is why all the photographs have a pinkish tone to them. 

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

Prices Of Drinks
It was good to see that prices have not increased ever since their business caught up. Having gone through the menu, I then hailed one of the waitress over and placed our orders. It was all a breeze and with that, we were left to have our own conversation. I also observed one of the waitress walking around with a pitcher filling up those glasses with more Iced Water. It is great and I really applaud them for having emphasized service over money. 

The Outdoor Grill

Teh O @ RM 1.00
Their kitchen is located outdoors, just beside the seating area and this is somewhat of an entertainment to diners. It is good that customers' could see how their dishes are being prepared, especially those sizzling ones. Moreover, having the kitchen indoors just increases the restaurant's temperature and leaves the dining hall with a kind of strange smell. This is an excellent practice of having it outdoors. In a matter of minutes, our drinks arrived. Both of us ordered a glass of Teh O and this was priced at RM 1.00 each. Their Teh O was nice, light but nice and not too sweet. I would rate this at 9/10 . 

King Fish & Chips @ RM 9.90

King Fish & Chips @ RM 9.90

Comes With Baked Beans and Coleslaw

French Fries Too

Baked Beans
It took them approximately 20 minutes to get our dishes ready. I understand that there was quite a queue and 20 minutes was not a long wait at all. My Dad's King Fish & Chips was the first to arrive. This was priced at RM 9.90 and came with a slice of battered Deep Fried Fish, some Mushroom Sauce, a scoop of Baked Beans, a scoop of Coleslaw and some Fries. The Fish had surely shrunk in size compared to my last visit. Now, I see how they are cutting on costs. It was not by price but by the portions. Even the Coleslaw and Baked Beans seemed like it was just a table spoon's scoop. Nevertheless, the preparation was still nice and it was as good as it was. It would not do any justice to compare this with the real 'Western' restaurants as this is just a localised version of this dish. For the price paid, though the portions have shrunk, it was still acceptably good and I would rate this at 7.5/10 . Not excellent but still acceptably good. 

Sizzling Black Pepper Chicken Chop @ RM 10.90

The Meat Cut's Has Shrunk By 40%

Some Fries and Coleslaw
I ordered their Grilled Black Pepper Chicken Chop, the very same dish that I ordered the last trip here and this was priced at RM 10.90 . It came with a shrunk piece of chicken which was 40% smaller than what it was, a good serving of Black Pepper Sauce, a scoop of Coleslaw and some Fries. The Corn on Cob that was provided the last time was missing from the scene. Taste wise, it was equally good but it was frustrating to see the shrinkage. Ever since my first trip here, I have always promoted this restaurant as the one that serves the largest meat cuts but that statement is no longer valid. Today, they serve equal meat cuts to their other competitors in town, of course much bigger compared to the puny sized ones that California Steak House serves. To those that do not know, California Steak House is another player in the local market here in Tanjung Malim. Solely based on taste, I would rate this at 9.3/10 . Once again, I would repeat my statement that I am disappointed that the cuts have shrunk but I am still happy as the taste have not been compromised. 

Overall, it is still a decent place to visit and yes, I would definitely return again. Just for comparison, I am attaching my previous entry on this place. http://venoth.blogspot.com/2015/02/fatah-steak-house-tanjung-malim-perak.html . By checking out the previous one, it would give you a good sense as to what I was trying to derive at. The prices are still cheap and considering the price, it is still a good eatery. I do hope that this does not drop further or perhaps, the price starts going up due to the response. One that they (the operator's) would have to remember is that most people always value two main things before deciding on any restaurant....they are price and value. If either one lacks, then the customer base shrinks to a very thin line of customers. I do hope that they do not get there and continue to provide the same kind of quality going forward. 

Address: No. 25, Jalan Bahtera 1B, Taman Bahtera, 35900 Hulu Bernam, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1500 - 0300 Daily

Telephone: +6019 377 9893 (Yazid)
                    +6012 254 9685 (Mad)

No comments:

Post a Comment