Wednesday 4 March 2015

Restoran Kin Kin @ Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, Kuala Lumpur

When we talk about Chili Pan Mee in the Klang Valley, the top five places that are always mentioned would be Kin Kin Restaurant, Super Kitchen Chili Pan Mee, Face To Face Noodle House, Jojo Little Kitchen and Madam Chiam Curry Noodle House. Without fail, most people would vote for Restaurant Kin Kin as the best of them all.I have tried three of those places mentioned above and today, I am all set to try out Restoran Kin Kin.

Restoran Kin Kin at Jalan Dewan Sultan Sulaiman Satu

Workers Busy Preparing Bowl After Bowl Of Pan Mee

Work Area

The Restaurant

Work Area

Machine Used To Churn Out The Noodles
I was here quite late actually, close to 4.30 pm and they were busy cleaning the place after the lunch hour crowd. To be honest, I did come earlier around lunch time but the crowd was too huge and there were people queuing outside the restaurant, waiting for tables. As time was limited, I decided to return a little later when the crowd was gone. Even at this hour, there were about 20 customers at least in the restaurant. The restaurant is just a simple place, very much like how Madam Chiam's place looks like in Cheras. Many have commented about the bossy and rude boss but he was truly in a good mood today and happily greeted me as I walked in. In fact, he was the one who was explaining to me how he makes his noodles.He has some foreign help working at the restaurant and they were assisting him with the preparation but the final touch to the dish, was handled by the owner himself. A good thing that I like most here is that the noodles are handmade by the owner and that is one of the main reasons why the noodles taste so good. 

Herbal Tea @ RM 1.30
Once seated, I ordered a glass of Herbal Tea and this was priced at RM 1.30 . Slightly more in terms of pricing, but the Herbal Tea was really good. One that i would recommend here. I would rate this drink at 9.4/10 . 

Chili Pan Mee @ RM 8.00

Chili Pan Mee @ RM 8.00
Within about 15 minutes from the time of order, my bowl of Pan Mee was sent over. Here there is only one size of serving, no big or small sized portions. The Pan Mee came with a lavish toppings of minced Pork Meat, Anchovies and a Poached Egg. The price has been steadily going up over the years and now, it is priced at RM 8.00 per bowl. Definitely expensive but worth paying the price for a good bowl of delicious noodles. 

Fried Chili Flakes
This Fried Chili Flakes is a must add here. Do note that it is really spicy, not like the ones that are commonly found elsewhere and don't really taste spicy. This is the bomb and he makes them himself! Can get you tearing if you add a little too much. Do add sparingly to suit your taste buds. I love spicy foods and for me, three teaspoons of this is just about the right level before I feel like dying on the inside. I would rate this Chili Flakes at 9.8/10 .

All Stirred And Ready To Eat

All Stirred And Ready To Eat
Having added all the items including the Fried Chili Flakes and stirring up the runny eggs along with the minced meat and anchovies, my bowl of noodles is now ready. The Pan Mee tasted absolutely delicious and it would not be an overstatement if I claim that it was heavenly. Truly the best Chili Pan Mee that I have had and I too am in agreement that this place tops the rest! I would rate this bowl of Chili Pan Mee at 9.8/10 . Even the noodles tasted so good. They were so soft and springy. One that all Chili Pan Mee lovers must try! Just perfect!

Clear Soup With Sayur Manis

Clear Soup With Sayur Manis
Along with the Pan Mee, this bowl of clear soup was provided complimentary. This had some egg white and green leaves in it. Most often, from what I have tried, these soups that are provided complimentary don't usually taste that great but this one was contrary to the rest. It was absolutely delicious and at some point in time, I was thinking of asking for a refill. It was nothing less than a perfect bowl of soup which I would rate at 9.7/10 . Excellent once again!

On the whole, I would once again stress that this is truly the best Chili Pan Mee in town. I am yet to try a place that would come close to this. None of the other ones that I have tried could come anywhere near this both in terms of taste and flavours. Pricey but delicious and a must try for all Pan Mee lovers. I would not mind travelling the distance just to have this Pan Mee! Simply awesome!

Address: No. 40, Jalan Dewan Sultai Sulaiman 1, Off Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman,
                50300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: Mon - Fri  0730 - 2100
                             Sat - Sun  0730 - 1630

Telephone: +6016 372 8069

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chilipanmee 

No comments:

Post a Comment