Sunday 8 March 2015

Yu Yu Ice @ Rawang, Selangor

As I was taking a walk along Jalan Welman, Rawang this afternoon, I came across this stall selling homemade iced drinks. Being a hot afternoon, I decided on giving this place a try. 


This is just a simple push cart which was manned by a woman and her school going daughter. It is located right at the intersection of Jalan Welman and Jalan Taiping, which is the road leading to Sun Cinema. Curious to see what she sells, I walked up to the stall. Within the few minutes that I was there, there were a number of customers who bought quite a number of these frozen drinks from her. 


All her frozen flavoured iced drinks were priced at RM 2.20 per cup and she goes by the name of Yu Yu Ice. She had items like Red Bean, Corn, Sour Plum and Cendol flavoured Ice. Being a fan of Cendol, I asked her for a cup of Iced Cendol and paid her the sum of RM 2.20 . I was told that she operates daily at the very same spot and has been doing this for the past 10 years. Her usual operation hours are from 11.30 am till around 5 pm . Most days, she is sold out by around 4.30 pm . 




I was assuming that I would get something that was flavoured but no, it was a cup of frozen Cendol itself and this came with all the other condiments like Red Bean, Peanuts etc. She serves this in a small paper cup along with a plastic spoon and straw. This tasted really delicious, just like having the real Cendol. The only difference being that this was frozen. A perfect drink for the hot afternoon. I would rate this at 9/10 . If you happen to pass this way, this is one that I would strongly recommend to try. A perfect cup for the hot scorching afternoons. 

Address: Along Jalan Welman, 48000 Rawang, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1130 - 1700 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment