Monday 23 March 2015

NY Steak Shack @ Mid Valley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur

NY Steak Shack is an American franchise that started it's operations in Malaysia in August 2014. I did not know of it's existence until I discovered this outlet which is located on the Lower Ground Floor of Mid Valley Megamall. Usually I don't fancy these Western Grill's if they come as a franchise as from my past experiences, they have always been just mediocre. However, being curious to just give them a try, I decided to walk in for lunch this afternoon.

The Outlet in Mid Valley Megamall

Their Logo

Opening Hours Follows The Mall's Opening Hours

Recent Promotions

Interior Of The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant
Their decoration was simply superb and what I liked most about this place as opposed to other Steak Houses is their bright lighting. The place had a reasonable crowd and another thing that amused me was that all their staffs were Bangladeshi's. Not the common labour force found here but educated, English speaking, Bangladeshi staffs. They must have been interviewed and brought in right from Bangladesh itself. Surprisingly too, quite a number of their customers were also Bangladeshi expatriates. Nationality aside, as I was curiously staring at their entrance, one of their staffs was very helpful in explaining the food items that they had to offer. It was because of her explanation that I was convinced to come in. Congratulations to her! Sadly, I did not get her name, else I would have surely mentioned it here as she truly deserves the commendation. 

Their Menu

Their Menu

Their Menu

Their Menu

Their Menu

Their Menu

Their Menu

Their Menu

Their Menu

Their Menu

Their Menu

Some History Of The Restaurant
Their menu was 85% Beef, some Chicken and one Fish & Chips dish. That was okay with me as I could go for the Chicken. The prices seemed quite cheap, bearing in mind that some of those meat cuts are quite pricey in other places, especially those steaks. One could also choose how well you want the meat to be done. The menu itself had detailed explanation on how the meat cuts would be cooked along with a brief list of their ingredients to give one an idea of what to expect out of the dish. That's fantastic menu writing! 

Some Brief Of The Place

Coffee Promotions

Coffee Prices
They seemed to also have some coffee promotions going on as well. The prices were once again quite competitive. I decided to skip coffee as I did not want to spoil the meats' aftertaste by drinking coffee after a good meal....assuming it was good.

Cutlery

Sky Juice @ RM 0.50
Having decided on what I would like to have, I then placed my orders with one of the waiters. I did read on FourSquare that their Milk Shakes are quite good but I did not want to go too heavy, unsure of the portion sizes and so I ordered a glass of Sky Juice which was priced at RM 0.50 per glass. Assuming I wanted to try the Milk Shakes, I could always place the orders after my meal. With that, the drink and the cutlery were sent over to my table. Service was very fast and the staffs were extremely well trained on handling a crowd. Good job guys.

Mushroom Soup @ RM 5.90

Mushroom Soup @ RM 5.90

Thick and Delicious!

Real Mushrooms

Specially Engraved Platters
I am always skeptical of ordering Mushroom Soup from these kind of places as experience has taught me not to do so. But I did see someone else ordering it earlier and it looked very good. Convinced, I decided on giving it a try. This was priced at RM 5.90 and the portion was just nice. The taste ..... was heavenly! It was thick, rich with milk, creamy and had real mushrooms in it. It would not be an overstatement if I said that the Mushroom Soup here is the best that I have tried! And that includes all those premium restaurants and Five Star hotels that I have dined in. Truly amazing stuff and one that I would highly recommend. Extremely good and I would rate this at 10/10 .

Southwest Chicken Set @ RM 19.90
I went for their Southwest Chicken Set and this was priced at RM 19.90 . This comes with a selection of two sides and I chose the French Fries and Mashed Potato's . The other's that I could have chosen were Coleslaw, Mixed Vegetables, Corn on the Cob and Pumpkin Rice. It was sent quite fast actually, perhaps in less than 20 minutes from the time of order. The portions were very good and is good to feed a heavy eater like me. Everything looked and smelled good too. For the price, I truly feel that it is very cheap. Now, time to try them out and shall provide individual reviews of each of those items below. 

Grilled 200 gm's of Butterflied Chicken Breast

Grilled 200 gm's of Butterflied Chicken Breast

This was a 200 gm's of Butterflied Chicken Breast, marinated with herbs & spices and grilled to perfection. The chicken was tender, extremely juicy and the marination tasted very similar to Tandoori Chicken, perhaps something with a little more zing to it. A slice of lemon was also provided along with the dish and this definitely played a critical role in enhancing the dish. The taste was truly a memorable one! It was one of the best Grilled Chicken's that I have tasted. Not the best, but definitely one of the best and for this price, gosh it was like a lottery. Simply perfect and I would rate this at 9.8/10 .

Bistro Sauce

Bistro Sauce
Bistro Sauce was provided on the side as a dip sauce for the Chicken. This again, was amazing. The sauce was so delicious. In fact, I had used this sauce for the Fries too later on as I had so much left over. They were truly lavish with the ingredients and the portions too. For me, this sauce definitely deserves a rating of 9.8/10 . Excellent!

Mashed Potato's

Mashed Potato's
The Mashed Potato's were dressed in a dark gravy and tasted super good. When compared to all the other fast food chains in the country, this Mashed Potato's is definitely a winner. It simply dissolves in the mouth and tastes so amazingly good. I would rate this at 9.7/10 .

French Fries

French Fries
The Fries were just like any other Fries. The plus point here was that these was thick cuts. Once again, this is a very subjective one as some would prefer thin shoestring cuts as opposed to this. Nevertheless, a good one and I would rate this at 8/10 .

The Bill
Overall, I am thoroughly impressed with this place! I hardly use the word 'impressed' but this restaurant truly deserves it. Every item that I tried was amazing...... except for the Fries which was a common stuff. The others were simply fantastic. I would definitely return for more and I heard that they would be introducing Lamb into their main menu soon. That would be something that I shall be looking forward to. NY Steak Shack is currently open at three locations.....Mid Valley Megamall, Sunway Pyramid and IOI Mall Puchong. In short....amazing food, ridiculously cheap prices and extra ordinary service from the staffs! Keep up the great work guys!

Address: Lot LG-012, LG Floor, Mid Valley Megamall, 
                1, The Boulevard Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 
                58200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2200 Daily

Telephone: +603 2201 6132

Website: http://www.nysteakshack.com/index.html

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nysteakshackmy?rf=863860423626780 

No comments:

Post a Comment