Thursday 12 March 2015

Lavaniz Curry House @ SS 14, Subang Jaya

Continuing my culinary tour of Subang Jaya, my good friend Mr. Velan introduced me to yet another great restaurant here in SS 14, Subang Jaya called Lavaniz Curry House. This restaurant is located along the same row as Lakshmi Bhavan and Restaurant S. Sukumaran. I believe that they have a number of businesses which covers a beauty house and a mini market as well. We were here around 2 pm, just after having lunch at another fantastic place earlier and the purpose of coming here was to treat ourselves to their Tea time delicacies. 

Lavaniz Curry House along Jalan SS 14/1

Lovely Decor

Clean and Comfortable

Air Conditioned Dining Halls

The Curries Station
The restaurant was very impressive looking. The decoration was lovely and the place was very clean. Looking at their curries station, there were still quite a number of customers here that were still going for their lunch. What impressed me is that they had three varieties of White Rice. They had the usual White Rice, Par Boil Rice and Ponni Rice. The third variety is hardly seen at most restaurants, perhaps only at places where people are willing to pay a premium for good food. Curious to see what was available for the day, I decided to have a peek at their curries. 

Non Vegetarian Food Items

Non Vegetarian Food Items

Vegetarian Food Items

Vegetarian Food Items

Vegetarian Food Items
There was a wonderful spread of both vegetarian and non vegetarian items and they all looked so good. My only regret at that moment was that I was not able to have a second round of rice as I very much would have loved to get a taste of the food here. They had also prepared quite a number of cakes for Tea Time. Since we were both full from our lunch, we decided to stick with the Tea Time items and selected a number of cakes for us to taste. With that, we ordered our drinks and returned to our table. 

Masala Tea
I ordered a glass of Masala Tea. It was nice but not really great. It would have been much better if the 'Masala' infusion would have been greater. The Tea too was a tad too sweet for me. I would rate this at 7.5/10 .Well, it was my mistake anyway as my friend recommended me to try their Teh Tarik instead and I was the one who wanted to go for this. Anyway, it was not too bad a drink. 

Teh Tarik
My friend stuck with his Teh Tarik and that was quite good. Probably I too should have stuck with his recommendation. I would rate this at 8.8/10 .

Rava Laddu
The first Indian cake that we tried was their Rava Laddu. This was just so so, slightly too hard and would have been better if it was  much softer. I would rate this at 6/10 .

Kesari
Their Kesari was nice but it was not great. I have tasted many more that have tasted way better than this. It was slightly hard, too sweet and lacked ghee. For me, I would rate this at 6.8/10 .

Potato Curry Puffs
This was awesome, one that I liked very much. The Potato Masala filling was quite spicy which is exactly the way that I love it. A real good one and I would rate this at 9.5/10 . This would not be suitable for those that do not like spicy food. 

Kuih Ketayap
A local Malay cake and this too was awesome. I simply loved it. The entire 'kuih' was delicious and it was something that was not too sweet. Simply perfect and I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Kolukattai
Their Kolukattai was excellent too. Reminded me of the Kolukattai that I used to buy from a peddler in Lebuh Ampang during my college days. Excellent one and I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Overall, the items that we tried were quite good except for one or two of the items mentioned above. Their prices too were very reasonable. We had two drinks along with seven cakes and the price was RM 10.20 which is very reasonable. Still, my only regret is that I did not try their lunch spread. Definitely I am returning here again soon to have my lunch. A good place that I would surely recommend and I am glad that Mr. Velan introduced me to another fantastic place in Subang Jaya. 

Address: No. 87, Jalan SS 14/1, SS 14, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2300 Daily

Telephone: +603 5612 9211

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lavanizcurryhouse/timeline

Website: http://www.lavanizgroup.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment