Tuesday 10 March 2015

Sharmila Curry House @ Glenmarie, Shah Alam

I have heard a lot about this Restaurant Sharmila Curry House which is located in Glenmarie, Shah Alam and have always wanted to visit them. Fortunately today, met up with a friend in Subang Jaya this afternoon and he suggested this place. Without any hesitations, in fact in true delight, I tagged along. 

Sharmila Curry House located along Jalan Juruaudit U1/37

Sharmila Curry House located along Jalan Juruaudit U1/37

Outdoor Seats

Mee Goreng Area

Indoor Air Conditioned Dining Space

Indoor Air Conditioned Dining Space
My friend being a local here, knew the roads well and and we were here in a matter of minutes. This restaurant is located along Jalan Juruaudit U1/37, very close to the Meng Kee Restaurant. Occupying a corner unit, the restaurant was spacious, air conditioned and clean. Being peak lunch hours, the restaurant was packed with customers but the staffs were highly skilled and were very quick to respond to customers needs. My friend did mention that it is best for us to take the food first because as time passes, the crowd gets greater and food tends to get sold out very fast, leaving us with limited variety. We then walked over to the curries' station to check out the variety available for the day. 

Spread Of Vegetarian Dishes

Spread Of Vegetarian Dishes

Spread Of Vegetarian Dishes

Spread Of Vegetarian Dishes

Spread Of Vegetarian Dishes
There were so much variety and these are just the line up of vegetarian dishes. Every dish seemed to look so good. If there were this kind of variety in most restaurants, I would not mind becoming a vegetarian for life. 

Non Vegetarian Dishes

Non Vegetarian Dishes

Non Vegetarian Dishes
The non vegetarian dishes looked great too. As this is a place that my friend frequents often, he gave me some tips on the best dishes here and I decided to stick with his advice. We then went for the rice and moved on to select the dishes. Here, they have both varieties of White Rice and Par Boil Rice. They do not serve the conventional Banana Leaf Meals but provide Banana Leaf's placed on a large plate and food is served on that. Well, that can be still considered to be a Banana Leaf Meal anyway. 

My Lunch @ RM 8.40
My lunch comprised of some Par Boil Rice, half of it soaked with Crab Curry and another half with Fish Curry, Brinjals, Drumstick and Mutton and this was priced at RM 8.40 . 

My Friend's Lunch @ RM 9.80
My friend went for the Par Boil Rice, Fish Curry, Fried Fish, two vegetables, drumstick and Papadam's. This was priced at RM 9.80 .Both meals were served with a small tumbler of Rasam. I shall review each of those items below as I sampled all of them.

Crab Curry
As recommended by my friend, the Crab Curry was awesome. It was thick, aromatic and I loved the preparation. Everything was just perfect with it and I shall rate this at 9.3/10 .

Fish Curry
Their Fish Curry was very good too and they were not stingy with the ingredients and the adding of additional vegetables into the gravy. One that I enjoyed very much and I would rate this at 8.8/10 .

Drumsticks (Murungakai)
Drumsticks are very difficult to find these days in throughout my dining experience in Indian restaurants, only a handful of them have this item as a dish and this is one of those places that makes an exceptionally good drumstick dish. Loved it and these are the thick ones that we are talking about. I would rate this at 9.2/10 .

Brinjals
The Brinjals were good but it was nothing much to shout about. All I would say is that this was a good preparation. Would have been better if a dash of black pepper was added to the dish. I would rate this at 7/10 .

Greens With Tofu
Another good vegetable that was prepared akin to the Chinese style of preparation with an Indian touch to it. Came out very well and I would rate this at 8.5/10 .

Mixed Vegetables
Another mixed vegetable dish that was prepared according to the Chinese style of preparation with a slight South Indian twist to it. Decent but not great. I would rate this at 6.5/10 .

Fried Fish
Their Fried Fish was however good. They did not have the sliced Tenggiri cuts and limited to just this variety. Nevertheless, the preparation was good. Loved the marination and the fish was deep fried to a golden brown perfection. The fish was juicy and most importantly ......fresh. I would rate this at 8.8/10 .

Mutton
Their Mutton was very nice. They were small cuts and cooked with plenty of potato's and ginger along with some thick and delicious gravy. Not too spicy and it was just nice. The cuts too were lean meat with no fats attached to them. Loved them and I would rate this at 9.3/10 .

Rasam
Rasam was provided complimentary with all meals. Their Rasam was above average only and this is based on my taste buds. I have definitely had much better ones. I would rate this at 7/10 .

Ice'd Moor @ RM 1.50 per Glass
Once the meal was done, we ordered a glass of Ice'd Mooru each which was priced at RM 1.50 per glass. Their Moor was awesome and I just loved the taste. The spices added just took the taste to the next level. One that I enjoyed very much and I would rate this at 9.3/10 .

Bill
I definitely enjoyed the meal here this afternoon. Loved the spread of dishes available and the food tasted good too. Definitely would be bringing my parents over sometime soon. The prices also seemed quite reasonable to me. The environment was cosy and what more being air-conditioned. The only setback here would be the parking which may be quite difficult to get. But, if you do one or two circles around the place, one should be able to find a bay to park. Once the bill was provided, I was staring at it for a while and only then it struck me that the bill looked exactly the same as the Sharmila Curry House in Klang. After doing some research on the internet, it seems that it is the very same owners and this outlet commenced business on the 29th of October 2014. Anyway, I find that the food and variety here to be much better than the one in Klang. Even the environment here is so much better to that. For sure, this would be a place that I would be returning soon. 

Address: No. 31, Jalan Juruaudit U1/37, Hicom - Glenmarie Industrial Park,
                40150 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2100 Daily

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SharmilaCurryHouse 

No comments:

Post a Comment