Saturday 11 October 2014

Restoran Ravi's @ Kota Damansara, Petaling Jaya

The last time I visited Ravi's was more than a year back and that was at their Solaris Mont Kiara outlet where I wrote off their food and vowed not to return again. This afternoon, my brother came over to my place and called me out for lunch saying that there is a new place in Kota Damansara serving Banana Leaf meals which was quite good as recommended by his friend. He did not know the name of the restaurant but got the address from his friend. And so, I tagged along.

Restaurant Ravi's in Kota Damansara

Indoor Seating Area

Outdoor Seating Area

The Kitchen
Only when I arrived here, did I know that he was referring to Ravi's and it was only then had I known that they had recently opened another restaurant here. I did not want to disappoint him by saying anything negative and just went along. This restaurant is much bigger than the one in Solaris Mont Kiara with spacious seating area both indoors and outdoors. This outlet was also very much cleaner than the one in Solaris Mont Kiara.

Meat Items Available

Curries and Vegetables

Ice Kosong @ On The House
It was already 4 pm when we arrived and quite a number of their items had been sold out. I asked if we could go by the plates and they said no. They only serve Banana Leaf meals all day long. Well, I was satisfied with the available options and so was my brother and we decided to just go ahead with the meals. We also ordered a glass of Ice Water as above. I was thinking that they were going to charge us for it but when paying, I realised that this was on the house. I remember paying Rm 0.50 for this in the Mont Kiara outlet.

Basic Banana Leaf Meal @ RM 6.50
Their basic Banana Leaf meal comes with three vegetables, papadam, pickles and pickled chili. Definitely they were not stingy with the portions and the vegetable looked quite good.

Cabbage Perattal
The Cabbage Perattal was nice. The vegetable was fresh and not overcooked. Flavours were great too and I would rate this at 8.5/10 .

Potato Perattal
The Potato Perattal was another dish that was satisfactory. On the non spicy side, it would have been great if it was prepared slightly spicy but I do understand that their clientele are mostly expatriates and there is a limit as to the amount of spiciness that they could include in their dishes. Otherwise, it was nice and I would rate this 8.6/10 .

Cucumber Acar
Their Cucumber Acar too was fresh and nicely prepared. I still remember clearly during my visit to their Solaris Mont Kiara outlet, the vegetable served that day was horrendous and I am truly impressed with what was served here today. I would rate this Acar at 8/10 .

Chicken Kulambu
I first tried their Chicken Kulambu. This was really good, not the best that I have tried but still good. The spices were perfect and the taste was absolutely good. I would rate this at 8.6/10 .

Sambar
The next gravy that I tried was their Sambar. This again was nice, though I would say that their Chicken Gravy was better. Nevertheless, still a good preparation and I would rate this at 8/10 .

Fish Kulambu
The final gravy that I tried was their Fish Kulambu. This was the best among all the gravies tried this afternoon. Very good! I would rate this at 9.3/10 .

Egg Sambal @ RM 2.20

Egg Sambal @ RM 2.20
The Egg Sambal was awesome. It was not the usual spicy gravy that you get elsewhere, this was indeed a unique preparation which I have not tasted in any other Indian restaurant in the Klang Valley. Very much like home cooked preparation. The egg aside, the gravy alone was already delicious. Congratulations to these guys for preparing such a wonderful dish. I would rate this at 9.8/10 .

Mutton Perattal @ RM 9.00

Mutton Perattal @ RM 9.00
The Mutton Perattal was another fantastic dish. I remember paying RM 10.00 for the same dish which was half the taste at their Mont Kiara outlet. Here, the portion was huge and the taste too was very good. The mutton chunks too were meaty and came with minimal fat. Definitely good stuff and I would rate this at 9/10 .

Rasam @ On The House
They also provided a small tumbler of Rasam with the meals. Their Rasam too was good, just like the other food items served this afternoon. I would rate this at 8/10 .

Based on this afternoon's meal, I am very impressed with this outlet in Kota Damansara. I hope that their Mont Kiara outlet too has stepped up to this level but I would only know if I try. That aside, this is definitely a place that I would patronise often. The slight premium charged for good food is negligible, specially when your taste buds are given a good treat. Good work to the team here at this outlet!

Address: No. 76, Jalan PJU 5/21, Kota Damansara,
                47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 6148 9111

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2230 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment